Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rockaberry : It's all about the Pies!

I started going to Rockaberry’s ever since my palate changed directions and I started to appreciate pies! I have to admit it, even for a crazy dessert lover like me, it did take me a very long time to finally appreciate a pie. I remember my refusal to eat it throughout my childhood and most of my early adulthood. I am not sure where I ate my first bite but I am ever so grateful that I gave it a shot! Who would've thought that the perfect combination of sweet tangy fruit, slightly saltiness of the crust and the crunchiness of the topping could be so divine especially served à la mode with a generous scoop of ice cream! Mmmm my mouth is watering while writing this...Alas, duty calls, here's the 411 on Rockaberry!



Rockaberry has many locations and offers basic décor and fast and friendly service. There are over a dozen different types of pies, from fruit pies with crumb toppings to plain pies with regular crust tops and wide variety of cream pies. You can find all that you are craving and then some. By the way, the chain has expanded to include more than pies, but pies are still what it does best!


My favorite has always been the sky high dome shaped classic apple crumble served warm with a generous scoop of ice cream.  The cold ice cream is the perfect complement for the warm apple center and the crunchiness of the topping. Pure bliss is the only way to describe the taste sensations. The Boston cream pie is also great, with a twist to the classic found in Boston. Custard, cream and chocolate ganache, make this one hard to resist.  Also the portions are quite generous and the slices are perfect for sharing but I'm warning you there will most likely be a fight, for who gets the last bite!


1- Presentation of Dessert - 8
2- Taste-9
3- Authenticity-9
4- Freshness-9
5- Price Value Ratio-8
6- Ambiance of Restaurant-7 
Find a Rockaberry near you at www.rockaberry.ca
Soooo many to choose from! Yum!

Pie Heaven!

The AWESOME Apple Crumble Pie!

1 comment:

  1. All these sweet cakes look delicious. That makes you want to have a taste.
    I think i will go try one of this next week end

    If you are looking for something else to do during the week end
    Come visit our blog and get some suggestions:
    mtl-weekender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete