Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yummy Elixor Cheesecakes

Coming back from a recent trip from up North...Nah I didn't go skiing but a wonderful day at the Spa with my boyfriend. Yes, he spoils me! Jealous much? hehe Anyhoo to get back on topic -> on our way back we decided to end the day with an *ultimate* splurge on dessert and coffee. So, we decided to give the restaurant, Elixor a shot.

Upon entering Elixir, you are welcomed by dozens of sky high cheesecakes, after all it's modeled after the Famous Cheesecake Factory in the US (minus points for lack of creativity fellas!). But the variety in cheesecakes is HIGH; from Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake to Oreo cheesecake and Tiramisu. Believe me, it's not an easy choice! After some careful deliberation which went along the lines of...

"I feel fruity maybe I should have strawberry cheesecake?"
"...But the lemon cheesecake looks more appetizing"
"Ugh, I'm fat! Is there a zero calorie one?"
"Baby, I can't make up my mind! You pick for me!"
"WHYYYY don't they have sample sizes for ALL?" 

Yes, I know I'm fussy! But this was a hard decision to make! Sooo eventually, after my now annoying boyfriend forced me to make a decision, we opted to try a slice of the deep intense layers of the chocolate cake and get a slice of caramel cheesecake as well. What a decision it was, kind of like that moment in the movie, Ratatouile where Remy experiences food as colour, shape and sound...Ouf, it was ABSOLUTE Bliss!!

 

However, I would not recommend Elixor for a date night, the open concept and busy surroundings including a full bar area makes conversing a bit difficult at times.  Also, considering the locations are either in Laval or the West Island, unless you are traveling out of the city, it's not an easy place to get to. The prices are also a bit steep, 2 slices of cake, 2 coffees, tax and tip came out to a little over $30. Saying all this, when the craving hits, especially when crossing the border is not an option to go to the Cheesecake factory, venturing out to Elixor is definitely worth every calorie! 
1- Presentation of Dessert- 7
2- Taste- 8
3- Authenticity-8
4- Freshness-10
5- Price Value Ratio-5
6- Ambiance of Restaurant-7


You can find Elixir at 1795 Pierre-Péladeau or 3237 Boulevard des Sources.
They've even got a website, check it out at www.elixor.com

2 comments:

  1. I tried out this yesterday, definitely one of the best in town. Thanks
    Drive traffic to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's for sure Blasco!
    Interesting blog by the way, will use your tips to drive traffic to our blog!

    ReplyDelete